Monday 1 August 2016

Revolution

About a year ago, I took part in an online writing course something I decided to do on a whim. It turned out to be thirty days of splitting myself open to share my heart with the world or at least to anyone that would listen. Since then I have posted a few poems on facebook, instagram and twitter but thought it was about time to gather them all in one place. So today, this blog was born in hopes that many more poems will be created and shared. This is the one that started it all.

Revolution

Box thinkers, Rule makers
slowly poisoning my mind.
Rules- not mine
But, step by step
I follow.
Fear
Keeps me in check.
Until
My blood runs black with
infection.
Enough!
My heart pounding, racing
can't take it anymore.


Suffocating soul
has declared independence
from my old self, the box fitting self.
In search of
the new me, the true me
the always been there me,
the shackled and forgotten me.


I will let my heart- bleed
to flush the poison from my life
I will let my heart- ache
to let raw emotion flow
I will let my heart- be open
to receive love from others
I will let my heart- love
Myself,
for that, is what I need.


Blood spilt, mixing with ink
creating a horrible mess
but,
I will tell my story, none the less.
Finally,
I will feel alive!

-jforget-

No comments:

Post a Comment