Wednesday 10 August 2016

A Couple of Get to Know Me Poems

I Am


I am the willow that bends in the wind
But does not break
I am the tide that caresses your feet
As you walk along the shore
I am the wave, powerful
Crashing on the rocks
I am the river cutting through
Walls of stone
Over time-relentless
I am the rain, washing
Purifying
I am the wind bringing
You flowers
Whenever I blow.
I am the earth, to comfort you
To hold you
Till the end of time.

-jforget-

There For You


If I were a sweater
I’d be your favourite
baggy, loose fitting
warm and comfortable
a little frayed
at the cuffs
I’d have a hood to keep out the cold north wind
Some pockets to hold your hand
on late evening strolls through the forest
I’d wrap myself around your bare shoulders
as we lay out under the stars
howling at the moon
protecting you from the elements
and anything that comes your way
I’d have a zipper
allowing me to adapt to any situation
all the way up for those cool autumn mornings
when you have coffee on the deck
Stained of course, coffee, wine, a little blood
my imperfections
adding character
On those days when you think you don’t need me
I’d be there jammed into your pack
Just in case
When passion overtakes you
I’d lie in a heap beside your bed
waiting to cover
your shivering body

I’d be there for you.

-jforget-

No comments:

Post a Comment